My top five “Well at least that happened” nominations for the Emmys.
1. “Bob’s Burgers grabs an animated Series nomination. One of the funniest shows on television. With “the Simpsons” and “Futurama” both about to end, we need this show.
2. Lily Tomlin gets a voice over nomination for something called “An Apology To Elephants” on HBO. I have no idea what this is, but I would be okay with dumping truck load of Emmys in her front yard so whatever she is nominated for, give her the emmy.
3. Anthony Bourdain’s new CNN show “Parts Unknown” gets 4 nominations, plus Bourdain gets a fifth nomination for his part on ABC’s “The Taste.” While I have not seen much of “The Taste” or “Parts Unknown,” Bourdain has been creating phenomenal television for more than a decade and deserves far more praise than he receives.
4. Alan Menken could be the 12th person to complete the E.G.O.T. challenge. A Disney Legend, Menken has helped define great modern Disney films and while I do not watch (or even like) “The Middle” (which is what he is nominated for). I say let him win.
5. Mel Brooks gets nominated for his HBO special “Mel Brooks Strikes Back.”
It’s good to be the king, and he is the king.